Come to the 2104 Fall Plant Sale!
Mark your calendar! Saturday October 11
Arboretum Eucalyptus Grove
You don't want to miss our Fall Plant Sale!
10am – 4pm for Arboretum and California Native Plant Society Members
Noon – 4pm for the general public
A prelimary list of plants for sale is available now!
Not a member of the Arboretum or CNPS and want to get in early? Join on line or buy a membership at gate on the day of the sale.
Ever wonder where gardeners and landscapers in-the-know purchase their plants? They flock to the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum Fall Plant Sale. Hundreds of varieties are carefully chosen to preserve native plants and to introduce Australian, New Zealand, African and other beauties bred for water tolerance and pest control. In partnership with the California Native Plant Society, the sale offers quality, regionally-friendly plants from both groups at great prices. Become a member and you will get the early bird selections (10 a.m. until noon) among the many other benefits of joining and supporting the important work of the Arboretum.
Select non-invasive, drought tolerant plants that are California natives or native to Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa. They happily grow side-by-side in our mediterranean climate.
Our plant sales are wonderful opportunties to take some of the dazzling color of the Arboretum home.
The sale will be held in the Arboretum's Eucalyptus Grove, on Empire Grade near the intersection of Western Drive, on the edge of the UC Santa Cruz campus.
An complete list of plants for sale can be found here!.
Here are some of this year's featured plants:
- Phyllica plumosa
- Leucadendron argenteum (Silver Tree)
- Crowea ‘Poorinda Ecstasy’
- Protea cynaroides (King Protea)
- Leucospermum cordifolium (various colors)
- Grevillea ‘Mason’s Hybrid’
- Arctostaphylos viridissima ‘ White Cloud’
- Leucadendron ‘Safari Sunshine’
- Protea repens
- Pimelea nivea
- Correa ‘Ray’s Tangerine’ (Koala Blooms intro)
- Grevillea lanigera ‘Coastal Gem’ (most popular Koala Blooms intro)
- Chorizema ‘Bush Flame’ (Koala Blooms intro)
- Romneya coulteri
- Puya berteroniana
- Monardella odoratissima (great for butterflies and bees)
- Isopogon formosus (extremely drought tolerant)
- Banksia speciosa
- Arctostaphylos pajaroensis ‘Brett’s Beauty’ (Monterey Bay endemic named for Brett – plant selection by Jeff Rosendale)