What's Happening at the Arboretum
All events are open to the public and free, except as noted. They are held in the Arboretum's Horticulture Building, unless otherwise stated. The Arboretum is open daily for self-guided tours from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Mark your calendar for the Arboretum's popular annual upcoming events. More
Events for January and February 2017
- Santa Cruz County Chapter of California Native Plant Society Meeting, Monday, January 16, 7:30pm, in Horticulture II Building. Presentation by Martin Quigley, Executive Director of the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum: "Musings on the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum: What's Next?". Admission is free.
- First Saturday Free Garden Tour, February 4. Free tour with paid admission. Meet at Norrie's Gift & Garden Shop at 11:00 am.
- Community Day, Tuesday, February 7. Free admission to the Arboretum the first Tuesday of each month.
- Arboretum Phenology Walk. Saturday, February 18, 2-4pm, in Horticulture II Building. Study the science of the seasons: be a part of a national effort to monitor the effects of climate change. Advance registration is recommended. More.
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting. Wednesday, February 22.
5 pm in Horticulture II Building.
- Santa Cruz County Chapter of California Native Plant Society Meetings, future meetings scheduled in 2017 for March 13 and May 8. 7:30pm, in Horticulture II Building. Admission is free.
- Hummingbird Day, Saturday, March 4. 2017.
- Spring Plant Sale, Saturday, April 8, 2017.