What's Happening at the Arboretum
All events are open to the public and free, except as noted. They are held in the Arboretum's Horticulture Building, unless otherwise stated. The Arboretum is open daily for self-guided tours from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Events for February and March 2016
- Winter Volunteer Coffee, Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - 9:30 to 11:00am
Focus: Late Winter in the gardens & Hummingbird Daze (March 5 & 6, 2016).
California’s New Front Yard: Creating a Low-Water Landscape, Thursday, February 11, 2016, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
In Horticulture II building. Workshop hosted by the California Native Grasslands Association: Transform your thirsty lawn into a water-saving landscape! Advanced registration required. Read more. .
- Arboretum Phenology Walk, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 2 to 4pm in Horticulture II. Calling all citizen scientists. Study the science of the seasons and be a part of a national effort to monitor the effects of climate change. Advance registration is required. Read more ..
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting, Wednesday, February 24, 5pm, Horticulture II building
- Community Day, Tuesday, March 1, 2016—all day 1st Tuesday of every month. Free admission to the Arboretum.
- Hummingbird Days. March 5-6, Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm.
Join us at the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum for the central coast’s premier family-oriented educational event celebrating one of nature’s vibrant aerial acrobats, the Hummingbird. Read more..
- Garden Tour Saturday, March 5, 2016— 11:00 am 1st Saturday of every month. Free with your paid admission to the Arboretum. Meet in front of Norrie's Gift and Garden Shop.
- Arboretum Phenology Walk, Saturday, March 12, 2 to 4pm in Horticulture II. Calling all citizen scientists. Study the science of the seasons and be a part of a national effort to monitor the effects of climate change. Advance registration is required. Read more ..
- California Naturalist Program. Begins March 24. Applications accepted beginning on February 1. Read more..
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting, Wednesday, March 23, 5pm, Horticulture II building