What's Happening at the Arboretum
All events are open to the public and free, except as noted. They are held in the Arboretum's Horticulture Building, unless otherwise stated. The Arboretum is open daily for self-guided tours from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Mark your calendar for the Arboretum's popular annual upcoming events. More
Events for July and August 2016
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting, Wednesday, July 27, 5pm, Horticulture II building.
- Community Day, Tuesday, August 2. All day 1st Tuesday of every month. Free admission to the Arboretum.
- First Friday Free Event. The Arboretum will host its initial "First Friday" free event on August 5 from 2:00 pm–7:00 pm. Visitors can view beautiful, one-of-a-kind outdoor sculptures on display in the Aroma Garden and participate in a workshop and demonstration by local artists. More
- First Saturday Free Garden Tour, August 6. Free tour with paid admission. Meet at Norrie's Gift & Garden Shop at 11:00 am.
- Sunday Summer Garden Tour, Sunday, August 7. Free tour with paid admission, first and third Sundays of June, July & August. Meet at Norrie's Gift & Garden Shop at 11:00 am.
- Sunday Summer Garden Tour, Sunday, August 21. Free tour with paid admission, first and third Sundays of June, July & August. Meet at Norrie's Gift & Garden Shop at 11:00 am.
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting. August 24, 5pm in Horticulture II Building.
- ARBBQ and Annual Member's Meeting. Sunday, September 18.
Become a member, join the Friends.
- Santa Cruz County Chapter of California Native Plant Society Meetings, future meetings scheduled for September 12, November 14, January 9, March 13, and May 8. 7:30pm, in Horticulture II Building. Attendance free to Arboretum Members. Future presentations TBA.
- Fall Plant Sale. Saturday, October 15
- Wreath and Gift Sale. Saturday, November 19.
- Hummingbird Day, Saturday, March 4. 2017.
- Spring Plant Sale, Saturday, April 8, 2017.