What's Happening at the Arboretum
All events are open to the public and free, except as noted. They are held in the Arboretum's Horticulture Building, unless otherwise stated. The Arboretum is open daily for self-guided tours from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Events for February and March 2016
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting, Wednesday, February 24, 5pm, Horticulture II building
- Community Day, Tuesday, March 1, 2016—all day 1st Tuesday of every month. Free admission to the Arboretum.
- Hummingbird Days. March 5-6, Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm.
Join us at the UC Santa Cruz Arboretum for the central coast’s premier family-oriented educational event celebrating one of nature’s vibrant aerial acrobats, the Hummingbird. Read more..
- Arboretum Phenology Walk, Saturday, March 12, 2 to 4pm in Horticulture II. Calling all citizen scientists. Study the science of the seasons and be a part of a national effort to monitor the effects of climate change. Advance registration is required. Read more ..
- Interpreting Science Workshop Saturday, March 19, 9am to 4pm. Learn teaching techniques that will help you interpret local ecosystems and present environmental issues for a variety of audiences at UC Santa Cruz Arboretum. Advanced registration required. Read more..
- California Naturalist Program. Begins March 24. Applications accepted beginning on February 1. Read more..
- Friends of the Arboretum Board Meeting, Wednesday, March 23, 5pm, Horticulture II building