Visiting the Arboretum
Take a look at:
Getting to the Arboretum
Approaching via Highway 17 from the north
or Highway 1 from the south
- As you approach Santa Cruz, follow signs to "Half Moon Bay / Highway 1 North"
- Highway One stops being a divided highway and becomes Mission Street in Santa Cruz. Remain on Mission St./Highway 1 for about a mile
- Turn right onto Bay Street (there's a traffic light) going up to the UC campus
- Turn left at the High St. traffic light at the base of campus (don't go in the main entrance)
- Stay on High Street for approx 1/2 mile, the entrance to the Arboretum is to your right
- If you arrive at the West entrance to campus, you have gone too far
Admission to the Arboretum:
- $5 for Adults and $2 for Children (6 to 17 years old), and free under 6.
- Free to those going only to shop at Norrie's.
- Free to UCSC students with valid ID
- Free to members of the Friends of the UCSC Arboretum and Arboretum volunteers
- Free to members of gardens participating in the American Horticulture Society (AHS) Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Free on first Tuesday of each month, Community Day.
The Arboretum is open each day from 9 am to 5 pm. (Closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.)
Suggestions for GPS and online mapping software.
Many newer GPS and and mobile routing devices recognize "Arboretum Road" as the Arboretum's address. You can also try entering "Norrie's Gifts Arboretum UCSC" in Google Maps or use "1490 High Street" as an approximate steet address
NOTE: if you enter "Arboretum, UCSC" into older GPS or routing software, you might be directed to 1156 High Street. That is the main entrance to campus (and our mailing address.) The Arboretum is about 1/2 mile up High Street past the main entrance on the west side of campus.
The entrance to the Arboretum is on the east side of High Street (right-hand side if you're going uphill.)